Monday, October 28, 2013

DIY: Customized Photo Album

When was the last time you developed pictures? Sounds pretty old-fashioned nowadays, doesn't it? Well, I'm very old-fashioned and serious when it comes to preserving memories and I get all my most important pictures developed at least once a year. 

For the pictures of our amazing trip to China, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand I put in even more effort. I made a customized photo album/scrap book with pictures, tickets, boarding passes etc. and added comments, descriptions, small anecdotes. 









We had this huge pile of tickets, boarding passes (10 flights!) etc. from our trip and I decided to make some proper use of it.

I bought a big photo album and glued everything all over the covers using wood glue.




I made a nice finish with stripes of thick paper (from an old paper bag).

Then I printed out the names of the countries we visited...

...and glued them over the first (dry) layer.

Once the glue had dried, it gets transparent and glossy, just like in the case of my "You Are Awesome" Mirror.

And there you go. Next time my computer crashes, I will not get a heart-attack thinking of all the pictures I have lost forever. In that sense, I urge you to develop your pictures!


Love, 
Emina

Pin It Now!

5 comments: