Sunday, October 13, 2013

DIY: Prada Marfa Wall Art

The Prada Marfa pop art poster that alludes to the Prada store in Texas, a permanently installed sculpture by artists Elmgreen and Dagset, got popular all around the world thanks to Gossip Girl. You may have noticed it in the house of Lily.

You can actually order it online if you have some $150 to $ 430 (depending on the size) to spend. Well, a friend of mine who is a Gossip Girl addict and who wanted to have it hanging in her room thought of asking me if I could find a way to make a copy.

As I have succeeded, I will share with you how it is done. 




It was extremely simple to make it. The technique is the same as for my Keep Calm and Wear Heels Wall Art. 

What you need is internet, a printer, a canvas, scissors, a pen, sticky tape, black acrylic paint and a brush.

I found the poster on Google and downloaded it. I opened it in MS Word, enlarged it and printed it out. As you can see below, it took me 8 sheets of paper.


Then I carefully cut it out with scissors and a kitchen knife (not the best idea but I couldn't find a scalpel and couldn't wait for the next day to find one:)).


I used sticky tape to attach it to the canvas (it is easy to take it off later). Following the contours of the cut out paper, I draw it on the canvas with a pen.

Then I removed the paper and painted all elements black. All you need for this final step is a steady hand and a lot of  patience:)


That's it. Hope you like it!


Lots of love,
Emina

Pin It Now!

3 comments: