Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY: Barney Stinson's Motivation Posters Display

We've been watching How I Met Your Mother for years and our little brother is a huge Barney Stinson fan. Therefore he asked me for a HIMYM room decoration. I decided to put some of the motivation posters that Barney has in his office (whatever he really does in that company :D) as well as some of his famous quotes, on my brother's wall.





And this is how I made it:

1. I found the posters on the internet: herehere and here. I printed them out in size A3 in a copy shop.

2. I wanted to make the frames from scratch. I did need some help from my dad, though. This was the supply.



3. I stapled everything together. This was quite easy.



4. I panted the outer edge red. Why red? Read explanation below:)


5. I glued the poster on the frame, using wood glue.



6. I trimmed of the excess paper with a rasp.


7. To hide these not-so-pretty edges of the frame, I glued stripes of thick paper on it, as you can see it in the first two pictures. (I will post a picture of this step, as part of another project, soon!) Done!

You have probably also noticed the red stripe on my brother's wall. And what is it with this red color anyway? Well, his favorite football club is Manchester United. That is why Nerma and I painted the walls in his room white and added this red stripe as an accent. Not my kind of color combination. But I think it looks pretty awesome altogether. And he loves it.

This is a cool way to make a guy happy, don't you think?


Lots of love,
Emina 
Pin It Now!

4 comments: