Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY: My First Statement Necklace

Before I was able to make the collar that I posted earlier, I first practiced with some easier solutions. This was the first piece of jewelry I ever made. I had no idea how it would turn out but that was the best part- I started playing around with different ideas and I loved the outcome.










This is what I did:

Supply: (I don't know hot to call these) fashion stones with prongs (I found mine in a random store somewhere in Berlin), a piece of black felt, a black shoestring, a needle and black thread to sew the shoestring on the felt, scissors. Additionally: Paper and a pen to draw the shape of the necklace and use it as a template.

1. I draw the shape of the necklace on a piece of paper and transferred it on the felt, cut it out- and there I had the base for my stones.

2. I placed the stones on the felt, deciding what pattern I want to make.

3. I pushed the stones into place, one by one, letting the bottom prongs pierce through the inside of the fabric.

4. I bend the prongs inwards with my hands.

5. I sewed the shoestring on the felt. Done!

It was a half an hour project and this is one of my favorite necklaces. You could also use studs and spikes, as they are very popular at the moment.


I hope this was another inspiration for you.
I wish you a beautiful day.


Love,
Emina

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Prekrasno!!! Naravno i repromaterijal je odličan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prvo sam primjetila prekrasnu Zarinu kosuljicu jer imam istu ;), DIY je savrsen, BRAVO! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bas si kreativna, odlicno i prelijepo, pratimo se?Ja tebe jesam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In English; Beautiful! I will have to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete