Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DIY: The Cutest Sequins & Beads Collar

I have never worked with sequins before but when I found a huge package of it in these lovely colors, I decided to give it a try. But what to use it for? Since I love statement jewelry (as you will notice in my next posts) and since I saw so many beautiful collars on the web, I thought I could make my own. 
You would not believe how easy it is to make it. BUT it is VERY time-consuming (No problem for me because I enjoyed every second:))








I made these pictures before we made the blog. That is why I have to apologize for not capturing every step of the process.

This is what I did:



1. Supply: Sequins and beads in any color you like, a piece of felt (You can use other fabric but I just love to work with felt- it is super easy to sew on and it makes the collar nice stuffy), scissors, a needle and matching thread, ribbon in matching color. Additionally: a piece of paper and a pen to draw the shape of your collar and use it as a template.



2. After drawing a shape of the collar on a piece of paper, I attached it on the felt and used scissors to cut it out.

3. Finally, I started sewing the sequins with the beads. I figured how it works by playing around and trying out different methods. For you, I found this very easy tutorial. Now that you know the technique, there are no limits- use different colors and sizes, try to arrange it in a new way. The possibilities are endless. 




4. The last step: Connect the two pieces. I used beads to connect the front end and I sewed ribbon on each piece to connect it on the back.


I hope you  like it:)

Have a wonderful day!


Love,
Emina


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Ovdje ima bas dosta posla,svaka cast cure,prekrasno je :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otprilike 2 dana ali ne zalim:) Hvala mnogo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Svaka cast, zaista je predivna ogrlica/kragnica!

    <3

    ReplyDelete