Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recipe: Birthday Fortune Cookies for Nerma

Last week was Nerma's birthday and she will most certainly never forget it! We made a big surprise for her that almost gave her a heart attack!:) She was having exams the whole month and didn't even think about celebrating (plus, I haven't been home for a few days and she didn't expect me at all).

Her friends, boyfriend and me (10 people) knocked at her door at midnight. When she opened, we started singing "Happy Birthday" while holding balloons, a birthday cake and presents!

Here is one of the handmade gifts that I made for her: Birthday Fortune Cookies! 










Every cookie was filled with a jelly bear and a short message saying why she is so important to me and what makes her special.
I used an empty jar, more jelly bears and a bow to present it in a stylish way.

I was really surprised how easy it was to make them. 

I used this Marta Stewart recipe for the batter and for the technique, I followed this awesome YouTube tutorial. 

The best part: I made about 30 cookies. She eats one every morning and she is always excited to read a new hidden message. Isn't that a great way to start a day?

Have you ever made a birthday surprise for someone? Want to share it with us?:)




I wish you a happy Thursday.



Kisses,
Emina


Pin It Now!

4 comments: