Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIY: (Berlin) Metro Map to Wall Art

Recently I returned back from Berlin where I have studied and lived for a year. As I fell in love with the city, I wanted to make something that will always remind me of the awesome time that I had and the awesome people I met.
There is one thing you most certainly always need in such a big city- a metro map. If you look closer (and hundreds of times a day) you might find that it is very arty. Plus, the colors fit perfectly with my furniture:)

Oh, and see all these (eight) pins and the tagged names? These are all the places where I lived and the names of all my roommates. Yap, I had to move eight times in a year! Long story. The good part about this circumstance is that I have learned: to live with people from all over the world; that I don't need that much material stuff to survive; to appreciate the small things in life such as having your own wash machine; and how to correctly pack my luggage:)







And here is how I made it:

1. I took a metro map


2. I ironed it.


3. I glued it on a frame that was left from the Barney Stinson's Motivation Posters Display that I made for my brother.


4. As the frames had red edges, I painted them white and covered with thick white paper.


5. Finally, I wrote the names of all my former roommates and pinned them on the map. Done!

Why don't you take a metro map of a city that you have a special connection to? You could pin all the metro stations that were important to you during your visit :)



Love,
Emina

PS. I just moved to Brussels for a few months and I might just add a Brussels's metro map to start a collection :)


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Ovo je odlicno, dobila sam sad ideju i za sebe :) Jako si kreativna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veoma kreativno.
    Moze sluziti i kao priprema za neko putovanje :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drago mi je cuti, djevojke:) Ako napravite nesto, slobodno posaljite. Rado bih podijelila na blogu:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really an easy and attractive wall art making idea, many thanks for sharing.

    http://www.crunchbase.com/user/TomWiliam

    ReplyDelete