Sunday, March 9, 2014

DIY: Flashy Rope Necklace (Old Jewelry Reinvented)


Remember my Coolest Rope Necklace? I am still crazy about rope necklaces and I bought a few ropes to try out different styles (in other words: more rope necklaces to follow!)

This time I totally fell for this electric-blue rope and as soon as I saw it in the store I remembered I had a broken h&m necklace that I could recycle for this purpose.






As for the material , I used 1 m rope, a broken necklace, small pieces of white felt, glue, embroidery floss, scissors and thread and a needle.


First, I separated all the pieces of the necklace.


Next, I cut the rope into three pieces and sew the ends together as seen in the picture below. This and the following step are actually the same as for my Coolest Rope Necklace. The Coolest Rope Necklace tutorial is even more detailed and I recommend you to check it out.


I sealed the ends with a lighter.


Just like for the Coolest Rope Necklace, I glued the ends of the rope with pieces of felt.


Then I sewed chain with a clasp (leftovers of the broken h&m necklace) on the necklace.



I wrapped with embroidery floss the three sections of the necklace where the pieces of rope were sewed together.


And this is what I got before the final step. (Awful picture, I know)


Finally, I sewed on the stones from the h&m necklace. Voila!



PS. I LOVE the color!




Love,
Emina Pin It Now!

1 comment: