Sunday, September 29, 2013

DIY: The Coolest Rope Necklace

I was planing to make a necklace using rope for a long time and a few days ago I found the perfect rope in a hardware store (A short digression: I can spend hours in a hardware store wandering around and buying stuff "I will need sometime for something. Maybe").

If you're in love with my latest necklace as much as I am and would like to have the same, I captured every step of the process for you.






You will need 110 cm thick colorful rope (buy at least 150 cm), thin white rope, thin black rope (I used a left-over shoe string), scissors, a lighter (not in the picture), all purpose adhesive,  beads for decoration, needle and thread (not in the picture), small pieces of black felt (not in the picture).

First I cut three pieces of thick rope (50 cm, 35 cm, and 25 cm) and, very important, sealed the ends of the pieces with a lighter.


Next, I wrapped the thin white and black rope (my shoe string:)) around the thick rope using all purpose adhesive.

Now comes the most important part. I connected the pieces by sewing them together.

Then I covered the ugly ends of the rope with small pieces of black felt.


And then finally the part I was looking forward to the most: I decorated it with beads.

The only thing that was left to do was to sew on a small chain with a clasp. I just took it from an old necklace that I wasn't wearing anymore.


I hope you'll give it a try and if you do, let me know how it turned out!


Lots of love,
Emina

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. looks so cool, trebala bi prodati to :)))

    xx
    ajnira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tesko je prodati nakon sto toliko vremena ulozis a ne bih mogla ni da se odvojim od nje:)

      Delete
  2. looks so cool, trebala bi prodati to :)))

    xx
    ajnira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. bas je super ogrlica. u kojoj prodavnici si kupila uze ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala. Kupila sam u prodavnici gradjevinskog materijala i opreme Penny u Sarajevu, za oko 2 KM:)

      Delete
  4. Stvarno je super, probat ću nešto slično! :)

    ReplyDelete