Sunday, March 23, 2014

Recipe: Chocolate Magic

I was CRAVING for chocolate today and this is what I came up with: I basically  improvised a chocolate truffle/molten lava cake. 

It turned out just perfect: warm molten chocolate + crunchy chocolate crust + soft whip cream + frozen cherries. Sounds like heaven? That's just how it tastes:) Complexity level? Absolutely everyone can make this cake!




I must admit that, when it comes to measurement, I was not following any specific recipe, I just added the quantity I felt was enough and/or the quantity I just had at hand:) But I tried my best to make the recipe as accurate as possible for you.

Here it goes:

Ingredients
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package backing powder 

Additionally:
- 100 g whip cream
- rind of 1 lemon
- frozen cherries 


How it is done
  • Turn on your oven at 200 Celsius degrees.
  • Melt the chocolate and butter together (either in the microwave or in a bole above boiling water). Leave aside to cool down.
  • Mix the eggs and sugar with a mixer for 4 to 5 minutes until light yellow and fluffy.
  • Mix the chocolate/butter and the eggs/sugar mixture together by hand.
  • Add the flour and backing powder to the mixture by hand.
  • Line a 22 cm round cake tin with backing paper and pour the cake mixture in the tin.
  • Bake for 20 min. After 20 minutes you will notice that a crust was formed but under the crust the mixture is still more liquid than solid. That is the perfect consistency! 
  • Leave to cool for 2-3 hours (or less, in case you can't resist- like me:))
  • Serve with whip cream (whipped with rind of 1 lemon) and frozen cherries.

Enjoy and share with friends and family!


Love,
Emina





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment