Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY: Party Rope Necklace

Dear readers,

I was in the mood for a cool party necklace so I picked up sparkling beads and sequins, some rope and faux leather, a golden chain. I am in love with the result.

All I need now for the next night out is to combine my cool new necklace with my favorite red nail polish, red lips and sexy high heels. I might wear it with a little black dress but let´s keep that for another post:) Now enjoy the pictures and, as always, learn how to make it yourself:)






For the necklace you will first of all need 45 cm of thick rope, a piece of faux leather cut in stripes (these are leftovers from a previous project) and 1m of golden chain (I took this one off from an old bag).


Next, you'll need sparkly beads and sequins. You'll further need scissors, glue, a needle and thread.


First, I cut 45 cm of thick rope and sealed the ends of the rope with a lighter, just like for my Coolest Rope Necklace. Then I covered the ends with two pieces of faux leather.


Next, I wrapped the entire rope with stripes of faux leather. The yellowish color in the picture is from the glue.


Then I wrapped the central part of the rope with the golden chain and fixed the ends with glue.


Now comes the tricky part. I really thought it would be much easier to sew the beads and sequins in the links of the chain. Truth is, it took me ages (but it was worth it:)).


And finally there I was, I only had to sew a clasp on each end of the rope. The clasps were attached to the golden chain as it used to be part of a bag.


And here it is, totally cool and sparkling. I just love the feeling right after I finish the last step to finalize a necklace:)





Love,
Emina




Pin It Now!

1 comment: