Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recipe: The Inevitable Cake Pops

I love good-looking food. After I read about cake pops on a blog for the first time, I was amazed. Then I read another post about cake pops and another one and another one. When I finally decided to make them myself, I checked YouTube for video tutorials. I was overwhelmed by the quantity of cake pops tutorials! I found out that they are a big hit in the U.S.- and that I have obviously overslept this trend:)






They are very easy to make but it can be time-consuming. Here is a YouTube video with the instructions. The ingredients are basically always the same but you can make same adjustments.

This is what I changed:
- I did not use a ready to make cake mix but made my own cake instead. This was, of course, a time-consuming factor:)
- Instead of the frosting, I used Nutella and some milk
- I had no lolly pop sticks so I used wood sticks for food



I used a special occasion as an excuse to finally try out the recipe. This was a gift for a friend. That's why I wrapped the cake pops just as any other present:)

Now, one more thing. I was thinking about where to stick in the pops once they are done. I came up with this idea.



I put styrofoam in a shoe box, wrapped it with aluminium foil and punched holes in it.


FYI, they don't only look awesome, they also taste delicious:)


A wish you a nice day.


Love,
Emina Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Ja sam luda za njima vec neko vrijeme. Super su vam ispali! <3

    ReplyDelete